Bexley Distances from School as at 1 March 2022 (for info)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MARC1

Bexley Distances from School as at 1 March 2022 (for info)

Post by MARC1 »

This is just for future reference. In the 'Admissions to Bexley Schools' Booklet there are distances from school measurements listed. On speaking to Bexley I asked if they had the distances for 1 March 2021 to compare with the final distances which the book lists. They said the data on their system is 'live' and so therefore will be overwritten so I was unable to see the distances for last March (2021).

I have the distances for 1 March 2022 (listed below). It maybe of use when the next booklet comes out in order to compare where the distances started in March compared to the distances as at 31 August.

Anyway the distances from school are as follows (in Miles as at 1 March 2022)

(Miles)
Chis & Sid 3.519
Bexley 1.914
Beths 6.068
Townley 5.315

Maybe worthwhile updating each 1 March just in case parents want to compare how far it shifts each year from March to the end of the summer holiday when the booklet is published.
hermanmunster

Re: Bexley Distances from School as at 1 March 2022 (for inf

Post by hermanmunster »

Thanks Marc - I have changed the post to a "sticky" so it will stay near the top of the list of posts for the area
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

Thanks @hermanmunster
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

MARC1 wrote:This is just for future reference. In the 'Admissions to Bexley Schools' Booklet there are distances from school measurements listed. On speaking to Bexley I asked if they had the distances for 1 March 2021 to compare with the final distances which the book lists. They said the data on their system is 'live' and so therefore will be overwritten so I was unable to see the distances for last March (2021).

I have the distances for 1 March 2022 (listed below). It maybe of use when the next booklet comes out in order to compare where the distances started in March compared to the distances as at 31 August.

Anyway the distances from school are as follows (in Miles as at 1 March 2022)

(Miles)
Chis & Sid 3.519
Bexley 1.914
Beths 6.068
Townley 5.315

Maybe worthwhile updating each 1 March just in case parents want to compare how far it shifts each year from March to the end of the summer holiday when the booklet is published.
Bexley council have published their July 2022 distances for the September 2022 year 7 intake.

Chis & Sid 3.914
Bexley 1.92
Beths 6.068
Townley 6.267

Looks like this year not much movement at all since March apart from Townley. Likely to mean the waiting lists didnt move much in the majority of schools in Bexley. Obviously what happens this year does not really mean it will carry on in the same vein next year. E.g I was told that Beths went out over 10 miles last year and that basically everyone who applied to Beths got in, whereas this is not the case this year.