Head at Chis and Sid leaving

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2childmum

Head at Chis and Sid leaving

Post by 2childmum »

I've heard that the head at Chis and Sid is leaving - he has only been there 4 years.

Makes it even more difficult to choose a school - this one is our closest but on previous visitis i preferred some of the others.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

At last - someone else is alive in Bexley!

Haven't heard about the Head at C & S leaving - there must be something in the water as there is a new Head too at Bexley Grammar.

I would say that if you are happy with the school then still go for it. Although the Head is very important you have to look at the rest of the package too.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Exactly. You could accept a place at any school and find that the head resigns the following day! It's not something I would let influence my decision - the governors won't appoint someone they think isn't up to the job.

And yes, nice to see there is life in Bexley!
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

This happened to us with primary schools - we chose it because we agreed with the head's philosophy - by the time we arrived he had left and another arrived - with a totally different approach. Result - one very bored and miserable son - we ended up going the independent route (along with many others).

I don't really want that to happen again as we can't manage the fees at secondary school!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now