Bexpley - do were get seperate marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Biogrob - i think our last 2 posts crossed!

DS did take the kent 11+ as we were looking at Dartford - however he would have to score in the top 90ish of those who apply from outside Dartford.

I phoned Wilmington to ask about home-school distance in the past. They wouldn't give me those but said he would get in from where we live - because they measure as the crow flies it isn't as far away as it seems.
Beths is measured around the streets and between here and there is heavily populated so the distances are much smaller. We would have got in last year but not the previous few years.

The school bus runs from here to Wilmington and I know of others who have got in from here.

We haven't seen it yet though - all the kent school open days are close to or even after the date our CAF is due in!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

bigrob - to get into Beths, 2childmum's son may not qualify with a simple pass because of distance, but would probably need to get one of the top 180 scores in the Bexley test (I think about 4.5k children do the text so that would mean being in something like the top 4%). As I understand it, Wilmington take the top 10% of applicants to their school with the highest scores (in the Kent test). So that makes Wilmington potentially easier to get into, although it is further away.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Wilmington gives a certain number of places to boys scoring in the top 10%, then the rest go by distance. On the phone the school told me we would get in on distance, even though it feels so far away!
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

2childmum.

Oh I now understand. Does seem odd though that you may be too far away from Beths but close enough for Wilmington.

I guess it depends on how many take the test, pass and what schools they choose.

It's 22 or 23 days until we get the Kent tests and 18 or 19 for the Bexley ones !! Not that I'm counting or anything.

For the Bexley exams I work out that if there are 815 places and 4500 kids take the exam each you need to be in the top 18% of children who take it.

That obviously doesn't take in to account, distance, special needs, siblings etc.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I can't remember if 4.5k is the right figure, but I know it's something like 30% of those taking the Bexley tests who pass. Remember, not everyone who passes wants a selective place (some prefer church schools); and not everyone who passes the Bexley test wants a selective place in a Bexley school (they may get their preferred options in Kent, Bromley, an independent etc)
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Much too confusing for my poor brain. I guess we are just waiting and crossing fingers now.