The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Re: The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Post by tiffinboys »

Yesterday evening was for rest and today is for even more rest. :roll: Physics is the last paper on 15th June and can’t wait for the day.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Going to the in laws today as it’s FIL birthday. Since MIL is a retired physics teacher there will be some physics revision going on too.
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Cracks are beginning to show its DS - quite a bit of anger and hostility last night, mainly directed at me as 'the reason I feel I have to revise so much'. Held my tongue and walked away (for a little weep). It turned out to be the best thing to do as there was a heart felt apology before bed and a good chat about pressure and duration and 'will it ever end'. Back to it this morning with R&J and Lord of the Flies practice questions.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Stokers wrote:Cracks are beginning to show its DS - quite a bit of anger and hostility last night, mainly directed at me as 'the reason I feel I have to revise so much'. Held my tongue and walked away (for a little weep). It turned out to be the best thing to do as there was a heart felt apology before bed and a good chat about pressure and duration and 'will it ever end'. Back to it this morning with R&J and Lord of the Flies practice questions.
I'm sure you're not alone. My friend rang me last night upset as her daughter was making her feel like an enemy.
Well done for keeping quiet though!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

DD1 has just finished her IB exams this week and it’s like having a different girl in the house now she’s finished. She is quite a closed book and I don’t think I’d appreciated how much pressure she must have been feeling :(

DS has gone to athletics this morning (good thing - hopefully he won’t be bouncing off the walls this evening for a change!) and will be back revising this afternoon.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Try to ensure they get some down time this weekend. I know the urge to revise is strong [in some] but relaxation is important - those batteries need to be recharged.
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Thanks, loobylou - that's re-assuring. And, yes, G55, there's plenty of R&R built in. Off to an Explorers BBQ this evening so there is fun to be had.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Today was Royal wedding day for us and FA Cup final for DC. Revision is put off for tomorrow. Total rest and recuperation today. 6 papers next week, including Maths & Physics.
skipsmash

Post by skipsmash »

Cracks here too. Dr didn't revise yesterday - we all went out for lunch and she couldn't revise - she doesn't like English and finds learning quotes boring. She's sick of Pride & Prejudice. We watched two episodes out of five on Netflix but it was - "boring". This morning she slept in (a first ever! Until 10) She looks tired and says she has to learn quotes from Much Ado. She said there's only one scene with useful quotes but what happens if that scene doesn't turn up ...

She's going to watch Mr Bruff later. Any opinions?

What a week approaching :(
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I've pointed out to DD that her Dad and I got OK grades, not fabulous ones, so she isn't to stress unnecessarily. I've also told her to learn the important words / phrases in quotes and to embed them into her sentences, if she's struggling to remember the whole thing.

She hasn't left herself enough time to do plans for practice questions but I'm keeping quiet now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now