The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Re: The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Post by stroudydad »

ToadMum wrote: You would have to eat around 400 bananas in one go to be hurt by the radiation from them, but you would probably have died of potassium poisoning by then.

Reminds me of the National Radiological Protection Board chap being given a really hard time on Radio 4 one lunchtime (?on the ghastly You and Yours), over mobile phone masts near schools, how they shouldn't be allowed. Surely the safe level should be set lower than that of said masts, so that our DC wouldn't be dropping dead in droves, etc

The response being along the lines of, Okay, we could do that - but if we did, nobody out there would be able to listen to us having this conversation...
In one of the RN shore establishments there was a training radar that used to close half of the site when in use...
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Best wishes to all for today. One paper today and then weekend of rest. Hope all goes well.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

DD looking subdued today. Think she’s feeling ‘overwhelmed’, as Mr Bruff would say.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

DC was more energetic today than usual, his chat group has set up some program for the evening, to which I am not a privy yet. Cleaned his room last night to earn some extra pocket money. Hope he didn't miss out on revision. :x
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Last edited by Reading Mum on Fri May 25, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

DD set off 'surprisingly OK' about Eng Lit 2 today - her words. We fitted in the last 2 P&P episodes last night
Geography 1 has been the worst so far.

She and friends are having a belated Eurovision sleepover next week - something they have usually done on the night. Somehow they have managed to not hear the result. Also have a trip to see Bill Bailey.
Hopefully she will come back today and tidy her room as it is truly dreadful - but it has not been 'her highest priority'!
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

TGIF! Dd revised about 5 hours yesterday (after Maths and RS exam) but looks ok. English Lit is A Level choice and she enjoys the revision so I really hope it pays off today. This afternoon she has a trial for a job that she really would like to be offered, so I'm sure when she gets home later this afternoon she will be exhausted.

No revision this weekend then back to it on Monday. Next Thursday I'm taking her for a spa day (belated 16th birthday present). Always wanted to do a mum/daughter treat at a spa but children are not allowed until they are 16. However, perfect timing to have a complete de-stress from the exams, for both of us!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Gave DS a lift to school this morning and my driving was accompanied by a stream of poetry quotations. It was quite enjoyable :) His other text today is Dr J and Mr H.

He’s decided he’s taking the whole weekend off then will crack on again with revision on Monday.
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Quick feedback from dd re Eng Lit exam - 'so so good'. Relief all round :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

All I got was ‘wow’. When pressed whether it was a good wow or a bad wow, I was told it’s an ‘ok wow’.

Textiles this afternoon.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now