The long wait......

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DC17C

Re: The long wait......

Post by DC17C »

DS is certainly rather calm about it all, I think he was planning a “ last supper” with some mates for next week before results day.
He had an amazing week at Senior Space School at the University of Leicester and already signed up for next year. I think this was recommended by someone on this forum so very grateful to have found out about it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Guest55 wrote:Litonkeynes1 - did you read my post? They are going to keep the proportions of grades the same just as happened last year. Calm down please!
I don't think Miltonkeynes1 is stirring people up, she just posted a link to a report in the Guardian.

We are having a very pleasant and energetic week on a canal boat doing the Stourport ring. We have spent much of the time so far in Staffordshire, a new county for me and I really like it, the countryside is beautiful.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Completely off topic (apologies OP) but we rented a canal boat just for a day for my husband's birthday - can recommend it to anyone as the antidote to exam stress or 11+ madness - what a fantastic pace of life....cannot believe I haven't done it before!
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

DC17C wrote:DS is certainly rather calm about it all, I think he was planning a “ last supper” with some mates for next week before results day.
He had an amazing week at Senior Space School at the University of Leicester and already signed up for next year. I think this was recommended by someone on this forum so very grateful to have found out about it.

My son went too (not senior yet), it's such a great week. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DC17C wrote:DS is certainly rather calm about it all, I think he was planning a “ last supper” with some mates for next week before results day.
DD was a Junior Space school at end of July and loved it, I've just signed up for next year! This forum is a mine of information. Good luck to your DS in his results. DD has a few more years to go until a results day like that.
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

I'm sure the nerves will kick in next week. Dd has been away for 2 weeks sailing round the Greek Islands (alright for some!). She's back on Saturday and has a couple of work shifts before results day. Work put her on a shift on results day itself, so I hope she's managed to swap it!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

DD hadn’t mentioned it all summer, but I did on Monday, and from her response I suspect she is just wanting to get it over with...
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Completely off topic (apologies OP) but we rented a canal boat just for a day for my husband's birthday - can recommend it to anyone as the antidote to exam stress or 11+ madness - what a fantastic pace of life....cannot believe I haven't done it before!
Yes canal boating is fab.We did the Llangollen canal last year over a few days..it was wonderful though a slightly steep learning curve with a tunnel and the amazing pontcysyllte aquaduct in the first 40 minutes on the boat.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

RedVelvet wrote: My son went too (not senior yet), it's such a great week. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Thankyou, we have another week to wait yet as it’s GCSE results for DS this year. I was so impressed with the set up at Leicester, the enthusiasm of the mentors, and the diversity of the group. Great to see most their rockets worked very well on the final day.
doodles

Post by doodles »

DC17C wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:Completely off topic (apologies OP) but we rented a canal boat just for a day for my husband's birthday - can recommend it to anyone as the antidote to exam stress or 11+ madness - what a fantastic pace of life....cannot believe I haven't done it before!
Yes canal boating is fab.We did the Llangollen canal last year over a few days..it was wonderful though a slightly steep learning curve with a tunnel and the amazing pontcysyllte aquaduct in the first 40 minutes on the boat.
Tonight we are in Worcester, another new city for us, it's lovely. On this route we do seem to have gone through an awful lot of EPE territory :shock: We love canal boating and have done several holidays but this is one of the most varied.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now