Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:16 am 

Hi all

DD was due to go on a school trip in February 2022. We've just received a communication to say now postponed until February 2023. So, at this point, DD will be in year 11. I think her school does mocks in November. We can switch to the later date or get a full refund.

DD is our first one & only one through GSCE's, I don't really have much of a view of the timetable for the year....February will be after mocks But I'm not sure if they do 2 rounds? Is February sufficiently far out for her to have time to go on a school trip for the whole week? I guess she could take some work with her...but being realistic about the likelihood of that getting done!

Views please?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:25 am 

I would go for the jolly (if she wants to go ) - don't send any work, they will having far too good a time together to get anything like that done.

When schools days are over it is that week with friends which will be remembered and unlikely that one week will make a difference to grades.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:07 am 

The school would not have organised the trip for that date if it would affect mocks, so I think it would do a lot more good than harm. Go for it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:57 am 

Thank you both, much appreciated. I am inclined to support going on the school trip even though it is year 11.

DD has so far had every secondary school trip involving nights away cancelled because of Covid :cry:

When I look back, I remember the fun we had on our school trips & hence why we supported in the first place.
I think balance is important and if I say no - that implies I think she should be working all the time which I think would be detrimental to exam results too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:02 pm 

Octsmum wrote:
When I look back, I remember the fun we had on our school trips & hence why we supported in the first place.
I think balance is important and if I say no - that implies I think she should be working all the time which I think would be detrimental to exam results too.

When I was at med school we had a 3 month elective period Jan-Mar in our final year, the final exams were in June. Did we work all the time we were on elective in some amazing sunny place ? did we 'eck - but we still passed the exams.
No they need a break at this stage and have good time with friends