GCSEs 2022

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salsa

GCSEs 2022

Post by salsa »

Hi all,

Just to wish you all good luck this year! I hope you are all managing the stress well.

I just wonder what would happen if someone gets Covid during the exam season? Will the school have to rely on mocks? Are the students still allowed to take the exams if feeling well, but still suffering from Covid?

One of my son's friends got Covid and just tested negative the day of his language oral exam. The school allowed him to take it only after they made him take a lateral flow test in front of them.

Salsa
ToadMum

Re: GCSEs 2022

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:Hi all,

Just to wish you all good luck this year! I hope you are all managing the stress well.

I just wonder what would happen if someone gets Covid during the exam season? Will the school have to rely on mocks? Are the students still allowed to take the exams if feeling well, but still suffering from Covid?

One of my son's friends got Covid and just tested negative the day of his language oral exam. The school allowed him to take it only after they made him take a lateral flow test in front of them.

Salsa

The information is on the JCQ website. A grade will be calculated (not using the results of internal mock exams) as long as at least 25% of the assessment for that subject in this exam series has been completed. Which is why there was some adjustment to the exam timetables to make it less likely that someone would need to miss e.g. both papers if they missed the first.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thanks ToadMum!
So, the way I read this, if you've taken 1/3 maths exams, would they give you a grade based on the one exam you took?

Salsa
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:Thanks ToadMum!
So, the way I read this, if you've taken 1/3 maths exams, would they give you a grade based on the one exam you took?

Salsa
I think that the expected performance on the other papers, considering how others who do how the candidate did on the one perform, iyswim, comes into it somewhere, but I may be wrong.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi all,

As the last Edexcel maths question was leaked on the day of the exam, what would the board do? This was the so called "impossible" question. Taking out of the exam wouldn't be fair for those who answered it or spent any time attempting it.

Salsa
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

really tricky re that question - I just wonder how many people actually saw it the night before and took the details?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now