GCSE map

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

GCSE map

Post by hermanmunster »

Interesting way of looking at the uneven distribution:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12173503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

high achieving band north / south and west of London then decreasing (apart from a few notable exceptions) until we reach the Autonomous Kingdom of North Yorkshire
Snowdrops

Re: GCSE map

Post by Snowdrops »

Wow, we did do well didn't we!! But when you have the schools North Yorkshire have (and I'm thinking of Harrogate in particular) it's not surprising those results are displayed :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I'm impressed that so many got english GCSE here ... not like I can understand the local lingo!!

Having said that I'm talking about Ilkley and that is Bradford LEA and in West Yorkshire :lol: :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I shouldn't laugh, but :lol: :lol: :lol:
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Am grumpy that Cheshire East was highlighted in my area for its poxy 62% ( :lol: ) instead of the Most Excellent Borough of Trafford at 68%. Maybe I shall lead a secession from the Cheshire Set and join the Autonomous Kingdom of NY. It will help to bring your percentage up ;)

<<runs away quickly>>
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

Could one call the data into question when the figures labelled on the map don't quite correspond to those quoted on the table? eg. Kent, Devon. They appear to be applying the same criteria, or am I missing something?...it's OK AKNY, you're at 62% on both :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

AKNY ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: I like it!!!

.. agreed some of the figures don't tally
guest43

Post by guest43 »

Actually that band of better results stretches across from Yorkshire westward to hit the Irish Sea.

As well as the totally expected results (Sutton, Bucks etc.) some surprises. Lancashire above Sussex for example..and what is it with the Isle of Wight?!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

IOW is so pale I couldn't see it at first!.... not sure what is happening there, unlikely to be any out of catchment flows ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

Pleased to see Barnet did well! :) :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now