year 10 module results

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tree

Re: year 10 module results

Post by Tree »

still not got science module results the excuse is variably haven't got them back yet or not yet worked them out :roll: i don't know if it's something to do with the ISA i think this is externally moderated so maybe they don't have this back yet ??
Tree

Post by Tree »

finally got them on friday seems alot of hassle, is it possible for dd to get some kind of edexcel/aqa login so she can check her results from home ??
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That's a long time ....

There is a system for Edexcel where students can login from home see http://www.edexcel.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps you might suggest the school use this in future? It is free :D
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Just an update following my question about the year 10 English Lit module (AQA) which seemed to be very harshly marked this year.

Over 10% of my DD's year group paid for their own papers to be remarked and the results have been staggering - nearly all gone up a atleast a grade and several gone up 2 grades :shock: As a result, the school has now asked for the entire cohort to be remarked.

It is worrying that there can be such a major discrepancy in the marking. One or two marks here or there is of course, understandable, but 10 - 15 marks for so many girls is a different matter altogether.

I suppose the moral of the story is if your DC thinks they've been harshly done by, then they very well may have been :roll:
dinah

Post by dinah »

We sent for a sample of English papers (photocopies of scripts) hoping to see where marks were awarded from the annotations. Each script cost £9. There were no annotations at all -nothing was written on the scripts -no ticks or notes -nothing. Just numbers typed on the front ie. the mark for each question. This makes me think that the scripts were scanned and put onto a screen for the marker who reads it on line and gives a mark.
I am sure you can all see the pitfalls of this.In the 'olden days' we had to annotate every question in the margin to justify the mark awarded and then sum up at the end of the paper.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Dinah,

All scripts have been scanned and marked online for a number of years.

All teachers were told this so we could ensure that pupils knew not to write outside the lines. Maths teachers were told to tell pupils to show construction lines darker than in classwork so they would be visible.
dinah

Post by dinah »

I don't think this is common knowledge and under the 'old' system we had scripts back last year that were hand marked.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Edexcel certainly told us and we had useful documents showing how to draw construction lines - this has been so in Maths for at least five years.