GCSE ENGLISH - regrade

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

honscupboard

GCSE ENGLISH - regrade

Post by honscupboard »

Have just heard that the controlled assessment DD did last term which the teacher marked A*, but got "moderated" to a B over the summer, has been put back to A* after the school sent the whole cohort back to be re assessed. :wink:
tonbridgemum

Re: GCSE ENGLISH - regrade

Post by tonbridgemum »

Brilliant news!! What a relief for you as a family. What a shame it was marked 'down' in the first place. Sure you could have done without the stress of that.
can you give us an indication of the area you are in? Know a lot of children/schools in similar situation and have asked for remark. I wonder if this is the start of a lot of changes in marks.
moved

Post by moved »

I have asked gor DS' papers to be remarked. Having heard of pupils gaining 21 ums marks and going from a B to an A*.

90% of papers sent off by a couple of ex-colleagues were regarded. Most of them upwards.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

That is great news-so pleased for you ! Have wandered onto this forum to help my sister-her dd's score was lower than expected . Can I ask if lots of parents complained to make the school take this action?

many thanks
Tigger
moved

Post by moved »

You have to pay for a remark. £45 that is refunded if the grade changes. We have just had the RE paper back from a remark. Very low B to an A. Contact your school and ask their exams officer how to proceed.