Help - really cant choose last option.

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Help - really cant choose last option.

Post by hermanmunster »

Amber wrote:
Jean.Brodie wrote:The biggest carrot, though, is that big field trip: extremely popular and a truly great experience.
And not offered on every course or in every school. If it comes to this, check the course first. :D
Quite - the one at the local GS was a day trip to Windermere... yeh like we hadn't all been loads of times before :roll:
Amber

Post by Amber »

hermanmunster wrote:
Amber wrote:
Jean.Brodie wrote:The biggest carrot, though, is that big field trip: extremely popular and a truly great experience.
And not offered on every course or in every school. If it comes to this, check the course first. :D
Quite - the one at the local GS was a day trip to Windermere... yeh like we hadn't all been loads of times before :roll:
DD went to Birmingham and a housing estate in Gloucester. Not sure how many chose the subject on that basis. :lol:
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

DS went to the East End (urban renewal apparently) and did a load of mapping in a local river having got chased by cows - it sounded a lot like an unsuccessful DofE expedition :lol:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Seeing a bunch of students being chased by cows I should imagine would be hilarious to see :lol:
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Gosh, Do people really choose Geography for the Field Trip? At Uni people chose Fine Art because it was the lecture immediately after lunch and you could fall asleep in the lovely warmth of the lecture theatre instead of having to fight your way back to halls in the wind! Field trip to me screams shed loads of course work, I would rather that it was all exam. DG
KB

Post by KB »

I think they do most of the 'course work' in class time now though - under guidance.
Certainly a few years ago it was nightmare - all had to be done independently, including the initial research - lost two summer holidays throught it :)
ellen22

Post by ellen22 »

KB wrote:I think they do most of the 'course work' in class time now though - under guidance.
Yes, DD had a week away by the coast and all work was carried out as part of a controlled assessment on the trip or in class.