GCSE

Post by saldanha »

Hi,
New to Forum
hermanmunster

Re: GCSE

Post by hermanmunster »

Welcome!

Any particular questions re GCSEs we can help with?
saldanha

Post by saldanha »

Hi,
My son will go to Yr 10 in September. I would like him to attend tuition in GCSE maths,english & science.
Can you help me finding clasess in or around bromley and which are held in Summer holiday.
sue
KB

Post by KB »

Hopefully a mod will be along soon and advise but am not sure many people specifically in your area will see this?

That's a lot of coaching to be getting over the summer. Have you spoken to the school about it to be sure it is the best way forward?
It may be that the school can set some extra work if that is what is needed in some specific areas.
Some schools themselves run optional classes during the summer for children who need to 'catch up' in core subjects.

If you decide to go ahead with a tutor then give the range of subjects you might be better to try a tutoring organisation that employs different teachers as it could be tricky to co-ordinate it al otherwise.

The school might be able to pint you in the right direction and hopefully set some targets to focus on.

Try out at least two tutor centres (or independent tutors in each subject) so you can compare what they advise and have a trial session before you sign up for a full course.

Hope it all goes well
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Make sure any tutor understands the new syllabuses and check which ones the school follows.

As a teacher I wouldn't suggest tutoring now - wait until the courses have started.
nts

Post by nts »

Let him have some holiday, do some revision of year 9 materials, see how he is getting on with his GCSE. Then probably after the first term or parents evening, you can decide if he needs any helps with those subjects.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, welcome to the forum, my dd will be starting GCSE's in September. There is plenty of materials to be working on now without using a tutor. As Guest55 said make sure you know exactly what board and topics within the paper that your school is going to be using. Do you know what books he will be studying in English and which board? DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now