Virtual support - they're here again

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Virtual support - they're here again

Post by moved »

To all of us with DC going through GCSEs, ASs and A2s. I'm crawling under a rock and wondering why I can't leave home!
Snowdrops

Re: Virtual support - they're here again

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm with you moved, dd just sitting GCSE's.

All that hard work, good luck to all our youngsters. Fingers' crossed for you all.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Think about their teachers ...whole classes to worry about!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

First 2 AS levels on Monday - I have a sore throat and am trying to avoid passing it on to DD
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

I have one doing AS, one doing GCSE.
So far it's better and calmer than I had feared it would be! I'm hoping it carries on like this once the exams actually start.

Dd1 had me on the edge of reason last year with her laidback approach to her GCSEs, but she's a lot more focused this year, though not anywhere near diligent, lol! Anyway, her Drama is done (coursework and performance); Eng Lit is 40% coursework which she got a good mark for, and 60% exam, Maths should be fine, and then there are 2 Classical Civ papers. So it's not too bad for her.

Dd2 is hard-working yet prone to hysteria ... although doing lots of revision seems to be settling to her nerves! Her exams are fairly evenly-spread, no nightmare days, so that's nice and an improvement on dd1's schedule last year. She's got lots of coursework tucked under her belt already, so hopefully is feeling well-prepared.

Ds is doing end of y8 exams after half term. He said on Tuesday that he needs to make sure he has a reading book with him at all times - his form teacher said that in form time if they don't have assembly, from now on they can revise or read a book. And apparently there's no way he's revising before half term! Taking after his eldest sister then ...
moved

Post by moved »

Love it!

We have 11 GCSEs, 3 ASs and 1 A2. DC in yrs 11 and 12. DS only has general studies this week; I've just asked him to print off a paper and do some prep, which amazed him! He has now informed me that he needs to learn about art and artists before Monday. :roll:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I only have one sitting gcses this year, but that is bad enough. I am definately going away for a couple of months in two years time as I will have a year 13, a year 11 and a year 6!
DS started his exams last tuesday, we are currently 3 down, 23 to go.
copella

Post by copella »

Thanks for starting this thread moved. I feel much more stressed than my DS. There are a couple of subjects I am worried about but he is much calmer than I thought he would be. He has 4 exams on Monday due to a clash. 5 hrs of exams! Quite a hard introduction, it's his heaviest day.

Are all yours on study leave? My DS has no study leave and is expected to be in school and lessons when he has no exams. I think it's good as they have the support of teachers throughout and it seems to be what other schools around here are doing.
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

DD doing GCSEs and DS doing A2. It's going to be a long six weeks until the last exam :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

copella wrote:
Are all yours on study leave?

Yes.

DD started hers at lunchtime on Friday. Her first exam is this Monday. :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now