GCSE remark?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Re: GCSE remark?

Post by moved »

The first remark that I've heard of came back yesterday, sent on Friday. It was for double engineering and moved 2 UMS, putting it 1 below the grade boundary.

I know of PE and food tech sent off last Thursday, the poor lad is one mark under for both and needs either to move to make it back into his sixth form, just one grade short. They have also sent off his English Lang and lit papers as they were 3 and 4 under the boundary. His school are very hopeful and have said that they will not give his place to someone else until the papers are all returned.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Have heard back from the teacher and she thinks it's definitely worth going for a re-mark for DD's Eng Lit, possibly focusing on the lowest-marked paper and/or resubmitting both papers to maximise the chances. They only have to find one UMS. Trouble is, we can't do it until the end of next week as we have to go through the school and the exams office doesn't open until 5th Sept., with final deadline of 16th Sep. Does anyone know how long they usually take to come back?
Marylou
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Hmmm, I was told the deadline was 20th September.

They can take between 2 and 4 weeks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

School deadlines are usually a day or two before the exam board one as the school needs time to apply and get paperwork in order.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Have decided not to go with a remark, as DS has already score nearly 92% on the paper so there aren't many marks to find and he needs 2% to get his A*
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

My DS had his Chemistry papers remarked, as he was 1 point off a Grade B. (Still a miracle as he was convinced he had achieved a grade E at best!)

Was surprised at how quickly the papers were remarked - delighted to learn on Friday that he gained an extra 2 marks!
moved

Post by moved »

Congratulations!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Just curious - can't you get a photocopy of your script at gcse ? My son had one low paper in history and can't understand it, so wanted to see why. Not so much for remark purposes, just as it's an a level choice and he's wondered why it was low. It was the paper about mods and rockers, he was most unhappy about it generally anyway but it brought him down from an a* to an a .
I thought you could request a photocopy to see how it went.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can get your paper back but then you can't have it re-marked; this is what Edexcel say:
Can I see my marked question paper before requesting a review of marking?

No. We've agreed with the other awarding organisations that we won't offer this service to GCSE students.

This is to ensure that all students are offered the same services, regardless of which awarding organisation they completed their qualification with.

If you request a copy of your exam paper, it will be sent to your school or college after the review of marking deadline. If you think you might want to get the marking of your exam paper reviewed you should discuss this with your teacher as they are in the best position to advise you.
http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/r ... -gcse.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Cheers guest55. I guess we will leave it alone. Thanks :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now