Wilsons school Triple Science

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rejim2

Wilsons school Triple Science

Post by rejim2 »

Dear all,

Triple Science specification for Wilson school is Edexcel for Chemistry and Biology and Cambridge IGCSE for Physics ( their website, please correct if not). Can someone please help with the specification code of each of these.

Please refer site,
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/q ... ummer-2017

Could anyone please clarify what does this mean?

Many Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Wilsons school Triple Science

Post by ToadMum »

https://qualifications.pearson.co ... false;

(Helps if you remember to post the link between the [/url]s on the task bar :D. For some reason, my phone then wants to print them, the 'url' shouldn't normally show in the finished post...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

I assume you are referring to the Edexcel IGCSEs. The certificates were the same as the IGCSEs but were tweaked slightly so that they could be included in state school league table. With the roll out of the new 1-9 GCSEs the certificates will no longer count towards said league tables and the exam boards have discontinued them. The IGCSEs are still available as private schools, home educated students, and students studying abroad still use them.

Edexcel are changing their IGCSEs a bit and introducing the 1-9 grading system. I don't think Cambridge are yet. The roll out dates for the new Edexcel ones are on the website, so to get the correct code you need to see when the science exams are changing - I think it's not until 2019 but don't quote me on that!
rejim2

Post by rejim2 »

OK , Toadmum, :D

Thank you 2childmum for your inputs!!