GCSE results August 2016

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Re: GCSE results August 2016

Post by moved »

Fingers crossed that all get what they want and enough for their chosen path.
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

We are too. DS just came to tell me the grade boundaries - which for his science seem to be very high this year so they must have been relatively easier papers (and as he is prone to "small errors" from not reading the question, is not good for him). His friends seem to be discussing these which I'm sure is making them all more nervous. Back in the day, I'm sure we didn't know any of this - ignorance is a blessing!

[edit: they had the wrong grade boundaries - look much more in line with what I expected, no major changes as far as I can tell]
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Ive found the grade boundaries for AQA, EDEXCEL and OCR, but cannot find the June 2016 for CIE iGCSE's. Has anyone come across that one?

Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Booklady wrote:Ive found the grade boundaries for AQA, EDEXCEL and OCR, but cannot find the June 2016 for CIE iGCSE's. Has anyone come across that one?

Good luck on that one,I never found them :roll:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I've just seen this on my Twitter feed from a maths teacher.

I don't know if it helps
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yoI ... asic?pli=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KB

Post by KB »

My advice having been through years of this is to try not to get wound up with it all because the more you let DCs get caught up in the guessing process the harder it is to keep it in perspective. They have many years of exams ahead ( assuming they carry on post 18) and one of the best things you can try to show them is how to manage the process, hard as it is!
It's helpful to know what they need to do if things haven't gone as expected of course.
Hopefully there will be plenty of cause for celebration tomorrow.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Good luck to all - please don't post grades as they are your child's results :D

Edited to add - you do not have to let the schools 'celebrate' your child's results as publicity.
Last edited by Guest55 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I do find it bizarre that CIE are unable to publish grade boundaries for the iGCSEs, even though the grades themselves were sent to exam centres two weeks ago.
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

My advice having been through years of this is to try not to get wound up with it all because the more you let DCs get caught up in the guessing process the harder it is to keep it in perspective.
Very good advice! Though also hard to hide a bit of anxiety, we all just want our children to be happy, which of course they will be whatever the outcome :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

A sizeable section of the comprehensive school which DD attended in year 7 (and where she still has friends, as I do amongst the parents) was destroyed in a fire yesterday afternoon. According to its website, the school will still be open for collection of GCSE results tomorrow, but it must be adding quite something to the stress of it all.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now