Does anyone have OCR Religious Studies Ethics 2016 paper

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
topsyturvy

Does anyone have OCR Religious Studies Ethics 2016 paper

Post by topsyturvy »

Looking for ethics E1 and E2.

Cannot find this online for 2016 (last year), looks like OCR have not released it :shock:

Can anyone post the questions?
solimum

Re: Does anyone have OCR Religious Studies Ethics 2016 paper

Post by solimum »

Looks like they don't release the previous year's publicly until the following September, but save them (I assume) for schools so they can use them as mocks

http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/downloa ... ilability/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Ask the teacher?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

solimum wrote:Looks like they don't release the previous year's publicly until the following September, but save them (I assume) for schools so they can use them as mocks

http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/downloa ... ilability/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wouldn't this not be the paper (or at least part of it) that the school used for mocks this year?

Try having a look on TSR for the 'unofficial mark scheme' threads for the relevant paper. I wouldn't necessarily take too much notice of the answers and comments about how well they think they did that people post, but you might find out what the questions were :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Thank you for all replies.

Silly really not to release last year's paper online. Exam is tomorrow so cannot chase the school teacher, rather they should have been given earlier by school itself.

Anyways, Hey-Ho...

Wishing all GCSE DC's best of luck!
Amber

Post by Amber »

The exam board don't allow access to it so it can be used as a mock. DS2 did it for his mock and has his answer paper here. He says it isn't a major departure from what you would expect with a standard set of questions. Is there something specific your DC wants to know?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Also try #ocrethics on twitter (if your DC not in bed yet :) ).

Quite a bit of scrolling down to do, but a fair few comments about the GCSE paper once you get there, e.g.

'but for real tho, what kind of question is "religion is the best guide to medical ethics" ????'

Are you hoping that whatever was on last year's won't be on this, or was it for last minute timed paper practice?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

topsyturvy wrote:Silly really not to release last year's paper online.
Sorry, I don't agree. Teachers have access almost immediately and like to use the most recent paper as a mock. It is becoming very difficult nowadays with some website allowing papers to be uploaded and discussion about the questions.

I don't know why the school wouldn't have given it to students by now though.
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Thank you, now have received by another parent on the forum, and all sorted.

RE is not a favourite subject so DC never checked if the paper was available or not online unlike rest of the subjects past papers.

Thank you.x