Science tutor

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bqs36935

Science tutor

Post by bqs36935 »

I need help please! Any recommendations for a science tutor/centre for my DD in/near chingford. Many thanks,
ToadMum

Re: Science tutor

Post by ToadMum »

bqs36935 wrote:I need help please! Any recommendations for a science tutor/centre for my DD in/near chingford. Many thanks,
The first place for her to ask for help should be her school; if she is really struggling, though, it's surprising that the teachers haven't noticed and offered extra help. A lot of schools have 'drop in' sessions at lunchtime for those who need help - does hers not offer this?

Or is she home educated?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
bqs36935

Post by bqs36935 »

Hi ToadMum,

Thanks. She thinks she is not very good at science! I particularly wanted to get a tutor because of the harder GCSE. Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The new GCSEs are tougher, so it's quite possible she is finding it hard going when actually she is doing fine. My DD is in year 11 and I'm astounded what topics they are covering and the depths they are covering them to.

It's probably best at ask the teacher for an opinion as to whether it's just tough for everyone or whether she really is struggling.
bqs36935

Post by bqs36935 »

Thanks Tinkers
S17

Post by S17 »

Hi, can anyone suggest a Science tutor for a child who goes to a super selective grammar school in Hertfordshire please? My DS is ok in Science but he needs to specifically work on how to target questions with right answers. He also works well when there is a continuous supply of work at the right level given. Unfortunately, we both can’t afford that time! I would love to...please PM me with all of your recommendations. Thanks in advance.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now