The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Post by Tinkers »

She likes german and came close to picking it as an A level choice. She has german relatives (on DHs side, but he doesn’t really speak any) so has reason and motivation to learn it. She knows she will regularly get chance to need it.

She still hasn’t done that much though, she is fed up of exams.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

DD is in her room but how much revision is being done - who knows? We went out for Father's Day brekkie but had to point her at German revision when she was still downstairs at 11am. Then I heard the ukulele.
She has had enough of exams and doesn't like German much. Not long to go now - just got to get through this last 3.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

DH really struggled to find German jokes that weren't racist. He plumped for a joke in German instead which slightly backfired when she couldn't translate and I managed to (after doing 1 year of German 35 years ago). Hey ho
Prom dress going in for alterations at lunchtime so I will sneak a long lunch with her. By then there will only be 1 German exam left to go on Thursday
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

My DD won't even entertain the idea of looking at a prom dres yet, despite only 1 DT exam left and only having 11 days until prom
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

stroudydad wrote:My DD won't even entertain the idea of looking at a prom dres yet, despite only 1 DT exam left and only having 11 days until prom
I would say very smugly that by this stage last year, even we (i.e. DD choice, mum's debit card :shock: ) had The Prom Dress, but actually what we had had was the dress ordered, delivered slightly sooner than we were expecting and - presumably having been left all too prominently in front of the front door by a relief postie (our normal one being the master of cunning when it comes to finding safe places to leave items too big to go through the letter box, but even the Gods need the off holiday) - stolen...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Amber

Post by Amber »

stroudydad wrote:My DD won't even entertain the idea of looking at a prom dres yet, despite only 1 DT exam left and only having 11 days until prom
Sensible girl. Proms (and their dresses) are yet another one of my bugbears. Soon we will have cheerleaders in little tight flag-bedecked shorts waving silly fluffy things around at every school sports day too. Some things are best not imported imho.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:
Sensible girl. Proms (and their dresses) are yet another one of my bugbears. Soon we will have cheerleaders in little tight flag-bedecked shorts waving silly fluffy things around at every school sports day too. Some things are best not imported imho.
Oh Amber.. we truly do have such similarities..
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Just Dance theory exam tomorrow for dd and then it's all over with. She already knows her dance practical result and the theory makes up 40% of the final mark so all to play for. It's an A Level choice so hopefully a good one to end on.

As far as I know the last exam being taken at her school is graphics on Friday morning. Prom on Friday night!
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Prom is next Monday - I knew any dress would need altering. DD wasn't going to go for a quite a while and then changed her mind. It is just a school disco to celebrate the end of exams really.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

This morning’s German exams went ‘quite well actually’ but I suspect she has gone home for a sleep. She is shattered.
One more to go.
Prom dress was bought by her a while ago and they made it to her measurement so fits.
I’ve played no part in her plans except to give her money in advance to pay for stuff (she has paid it back).
So far I have no idea how she thinks she is getting there because she hasn’t asked us and I have no idea where it is (she has said but I promptly forgot).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now