The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Reading Mum

Re: The Final Push - how's it going for your dc (and you) ?

Post by Reading Mum »

Tinkers wrote:
Tinkers wrote:I did suggest she make a double batch. She ignored my request. Words were had :lol:.

Tbh however many brownies she makes, it is never quite enough.
RESULT!

I got home and found the brownies meant for the sleepover had been left on the stairs, all ready to be packed in her bag this morning and obviously never made it. Unless she makes a detour home on her way to her friends, we get to keep them. :lol:

(Tbh I’m half surprised the cats hadn’t tried to get in and eat them.)
The dogs would have had them in micro seconds, along with the box for good measure!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

stroudydad wrote:
doodles wrote:DS2 now tells me that he is bored! There's no pleasing some people :lol:
Get him ironing... he'all soon be not bored..
But it’s a great excuse to watch TV and avoid other chores :D.
doodles

Post by doodles »

stroudydad wrote:
doodles wrote:DS2 now tells me that he is bored! There's no pleasing some people :lol:
But I value my clothes :lol: However he can get acquainted with the lawnmower and watering can as well as the Hoover :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

DD’s hanging out of the washing yesterday looked a bit like a distress signal :wink: . Neighbours will think I’m being held captive or something... She is also complaining of boredom but work experience beckons next week and there is a reading list for Geography and questions to do for maths - I am encouraging her to leave all that for a couple of weeks and read something purely for pleasure!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Ds also has work experience next week or the week after and of course there's the small matter of the World Cup :shock:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

And that’s it for exams in the bondgirl household. Now the wait for results days. IB results for DD will be in 2 weeks’ time :shock:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

doodles wrote:
stroudydad wrote:
But I value my clothes :lol: However he can get acquainted with the lawnmower and watering can as well as the Hoover :lol:
I love the fact that you don't trust him with a hot item and your clothes but a potentially life changing piece of machinery is fine... :shock: :lol: :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

How's a watering can life changing? :wink: :lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

doodles wrote:How's a watering can life changing? :wink: :lol:
Nearly was for both DH and DS1 one year. I took DD and DS2 away in August and left instructions for the role of the others in keeping our (admittedly subsidiary) food supply on the allotment alive. Only someone decided that as well as the blue and green watering cans specified, it would be useful to employ the pretty red one as well.

Fortunately for them, I had for once given the weed killer can a very good rinse after its last use.

Otherwise, the remaining veg would not have had to stretch between quite so many of us :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

After a good 'post exam' chat with DD last night she has revealed that her decision to not be stressed didn't entirely work and she resorted to some pretty OCD (her term) behaviour. Lots of things in 3s and 5s - like same breakfast cereal with exactly 5 raspberries and 5 blueberries on top, a grid of stuff on her floor with all the shoes facing the same way instead of the previous heap, exactly 5 pumps of soap to wash hands, front door tested 3 times on exit to make sure it was shut properly.
I am a bit shocked and hope it was a temporary coping mechanism that she won't need to carry on. I guess it was a case of controlling what she could.
She is having a lie in and lazy day today - well deserved.
I may drag her to Aldi later to choose some different cereal (and buy more hand soap as she has used up every dispenser without me registering).

Glad it is over bar the wait for results
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now