Lit Paper 2 - Poetry

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pinecone

Re: Lit Paper 2 - Poetry

Post by Pinecone »

Bravado - sorry, it was not my intention to upset anyone. I expect because of time pressures, not everyone covered all the poems in as much depth or went over the specimen paper either. A lot of work and stress for all.

Piggys - you incorrectly assumed that it was my own child who was not prepared and suggested that my DC had not revised enough and also referred to myself as being “annoyed”. You then referred to me as being “aggressive” because I had said that the poem was “awful” to compare. You also said I was talking “rubbish” and labelled me a “philistine”.

In summary, your analysis of my post doesn’t score highly. Nor did I ask your opinion of whether my DC had done enough revision or how I was feeling or what you thought of me - you don’t know anything about me. I was only after your professional opinion of the poems chosen and the marking structure for that particular exam.

I appreciate that my comment (that ‘Singh Song’ was the “worst” poem) was probably too generalistic and could cause irritation. However, my comments were not made in ignorance, they were subjective, having read both the poem and the analysis of it, which I found to be as equally unimpressive as your own observations.
topsyturvy

Re: Lit Paper 2 - Poetry

Post by topsyturvy »

Hello,

Would be great if anyone can comment post-results how the outcome was for this paper.

We have a surprise low grade (thank predicted by school) for this Paper 2 in Eng.Lit?

How did Love & Relationship choice pan out comparison to Power & Conflict?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now