The long summer and NCS

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Miltonkeynes1

Re: The long summer and NCS

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

DS completed the first week of NCS and absolutely loved it, said he'd met lots of new people. He seems very happy. He did say that there were mixed feelings and some of them hadn't enjoyed the hike! Anyway I'm hoping he enjoys the rest of it as he'd had a bit of a rough time after the exams.
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

DS has completed first two weeks of NCS and is saying he had had an amazing time. Made masses of friends, enjoyed lots of activities, including the 5 days in student accommodation. He's well versed in camping and being away from home so not the novelty factor. He deliberately avoided going on waves with his friends, preferring to go by himself. Will spend the next two weeks developing fund raising strategy to support buddying structure for a dementia care home.
Must be very heavily dependent on cohort and quality of mentors, though.
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

Stokers wrote:DS has completed first two weeks of NCS and is saying he had had an amazing time. Made masses of friends, enjoyed lots of activities, including the 5 days in student accommodation. He's well versed in camping and being away from home so not the novelty factor. He deliberately avoided going on waves with his friends, preferring to go by himself. Will spend the next two weeks developing fund raising strategy to support buddying structure for a dementia care home.
Must be very heavily dependent on cohort and quality of mentors, though.
That's great Stokers. DS can't wait to get back tomorrow!
doodles

Post by doodles »

scary mum wrote:I've just seen a group & assumed they were DofE, but NCS makes sense.
(PS don't mention the loft! Like Amber, I fear ours will fall in one day. Having recently cleared my parents' house I am very aware of how much c**p we have).
Ds2 wouldn't consider NCS but he has got himself a couple of jobs - in the local pub washing up and babysitting - has some prep work to do and a couple of holidays so not a lot of time really.

Our attic is a health hazard and a fire hazard and really does need sorting :oops: We (not DH) do seem to have adopted a "stand at the top of the ladder and lob it into a space" strategy because it's just too scary up there. DH battles through and comes down fuming :shock:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote: Ds2 wouldn't consider NCS but he has got himself a couple of jobs - in the local pub washing up and babysitting
Is that for people like the Camerons who like to leave their children in pubs?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now