The long wait......

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stokers

Re: The long wait......

Post by Stokers »

DS came down this morning and actually thought it was results day (we're away and have completely lost track of days). He was gutted to be reminded it was only Sunday!
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

Stokers wrote:DS came down this morning and actually thought it was results day (we're away and have completely lost track of days). He was gutted to be reminded it was only Sunday!
Oh bless- this did make me chuckle as I could imagine my DS doing this!
Good luck to him for Thursday.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes, hope Thursday brings the right results for all to move on to the next stage.

May I kindly ask people not to post grades but just say they got what they needed?
doodles

Post by doodles »

I think people can be trusted to be sensitive to others, we have been supporting each other on this thread for a while now and I'm sure we can judge what is appropriate to the discussion.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

doodles wrote:I think people can be trusted to be sensitive to others, we have been supporting each other on this thread for a while now and I'm sure we can judge what is appropriate to the discussion.
I agree - I think that while there may be the odd boaster (who won't hang around long :lol: ) others may need to discuss the results a little more. Will also be useful for others who are coming up to GCSE time to see how things pan out .
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I dropped DS at school very early this morning as he’s going on rugby tour until Thursday. They won’t arrive back at school until 6pm so he had the choice of getting his results by email or someone (me!) picking them up for him with his written permission. He went for the latter and I think is now regretting it. Understandably, he wants to be the first to see his results and open the envelope himself but knows lots of his friends will be sharing news via chat groups etc and doesn’t think he’ll be able wait. Not the best planning on the sports department’s part :?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

hermanmunster wrote:
doodles wrote:I think people can be trusted to be sensitive to others, we have been supporting each other on this thread for a while now and I'm sure we can judge what is appropriate to the discussion.
I agree - I think that while there may be the odd boaster (who won't hang around long :lol: ) others may need to discuss the results a little more. Will also be useful for others who are coming up to GCSE time to see how things pan out .
I’d agree, with most of the GCSEs being new, and maths/English only being in their second year, it is possible that some discussion of grades may be useful to those coming after.

Most of us know the difference between that and boasting.
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Dd is back home from Greece and it's already on her mind. She's said she has had recurring dreams about results day. Some good and some bad. I said we will settle for somewhere in between!

She's back to work today so hopefully that will keep her mind occupied. Good luck everyone. First timer here so it's a whole new experience.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The grades are not yours to post; we've always agreed not to post grades to be sensitive to others. I can see no reason to start now ... this is certainly not the first 'new scenario'.

We can celebrate without the personal details which could well identify people ...
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I have a nephew awaiting his results this week. I'm intrigued to see how he's got on. He's not a diligent student and by his own admission spent too much of years seven to nine larking about. He has knuckled down a bit over the GCSE years so it will be interesting to see how he's fared in the new grading system. He hopes to go to sixth form college to do A levels and he's been advised that he might get away with his rather casual attitude to school work at GCSE but he will come a cropper at A level if he doesn't apply himself. He is a genuinely lovely lad with good values who will succeed in life whatever he gets, but I'd like to see him work a bit harder!