GCSE English Language resit Nov 2018 + Further help Needed

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: GCSE English Language resit Nov 2018 + Further help Need

Post by Guest55 »

Edexcel centres here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/s ... exams.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However I would ask Amersham School and Chalfonts CC if they would consider her sitting there.
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Guest55 wrote:Edexcel centres here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/s ... exams.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However I would ask Amersham School and Chalfonts CC if they would consider her sitting there.
Thanks again.
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Guest55 wrote:If she did Edexcel they can download for FREE a copy of her papers and review them in the school. If they think there's been an error then go for a review of marking.
WHS is charging £15.00 per script
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sonia wrote:
Guest55 wrote:If she did Edexcel they can download for FREE a copy of her papers and review them in the school. If they think there's been an error then go for a review of marking.
:shock:

Then I would just ask for a Review of Marking from Edexcel, if that is what you will ultimately want. Does the school also charge an admin fee for arranging those?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sonia wrote:
Ask them why when Edexcel are offering this for free ... I find that disgusting.
solimum

Post by solimum »

Possibly

a) to discourage parents from asking to see copies of every script taken by their offspring and

b) to pay for the overtime necessary for the exams administrator who will have to spend a day (or several) working through the requests which will no doubt increase once parents are aware it is available :

c) to cover the extra staff time involved in reviewing more scripts

Yes perhaps £15 is too much, but school budgets are usually very thinly stretched
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Really? The student has to request this and then the download is simple. It doesn't have to be printed for review by a teacher. I don't know any teacher that would not be happy to check this sort of thing without a problem.

I am sure Edexcel would not be impressed to find schools doing this.
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Today I went to WHS and paid £105 for 7 Scripts.

You are right Solimum as exam officer said the same thing
discourage parents from asking to see copies of every script
On inquiry from the Exam officer, we found that DD is 2 marks away from Grade 6 in the English Lanhuage.
So decided and also paid £140 for Priority review and script return for both English Language papers.

We were told that we will get the scripts by email before Friday and for Prority review if marking it will take approx 10 days.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Sonia wrote:Today I went to WHS and paid £105 for 7 Scripts.
Ouch. Another example of a school letting its market determine its pricing.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sonia wrote: On inquiry from the Exam officer, we found that DD is 2 marks away from Grade 6 in the English Lanhuage.
So decided and also paid £140 for Priority review and script return for both English Language papers.

We were told that we will get the scripts by email before Friday and for Prority review if marking it will take approx 10 days.
Priority is just for A levels where a university place depends on the result. this does not sound quite right to me.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now