GCSE English Language resit Nov 2018 + Further help Needed

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sonia

Re: GCSE English Language resit Nov 2018 + Further help Need

Post by Sonia »

DD received an email today with a copy of all the scripts requested.

Also she received another email regarding both the English Language paper remark, covering letter attached in it mentioning no chnage in marks and grade. :(

We are still awaiting the copies of reviewed scripts for both English Language papers.

DD is now planning to resit the English Language Paper in November 2018. :(

After quickly going through her scrips I am very disppointed :( :( the way she has done the paper and the individual score she has received in her scripts.

Is there are chance I can get official mark scheme of these papers as I think it is very important for DD to know what she has done wrong how to avoid the same thin happening in her A Levels.

OR

the teachers at the schools have access to the March scheme and can review the paper for DD

I will be extremely thankful for any suggestions.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sonia wrote:DD received an email today with a copy of all the scripts requested.

Also she received another email regarding both the English Language paper remark, covering letter attached in it mentioning no chnage in marks and grade. :(

We are still awaiting the copies of reviewed scripts for both English Language papers.

DD is now planning to resit the English Language Paper in November 2018. :(

After quickly going through her scrips I am very disppointed :( :( the way she has done the paper and the individual score she has received in her scripts.

Is there are chance I can get official mark scheme of these papers as I think it is very important for DD to know what she has done wrong how to avoid the same thin happening in her A Levels.

OR

the teachers at the schools have access to the March scheme and can review the paper for DD

I will be extremely thankful for any suggestions.
The mark scheme is usually on the exam board's website, along with the specification and sample papers.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

The mark scheme is usually on the exam board's website, along with the specification and sample papers.
Thanks ToadMum,

I just checked the website and they are locked.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Teachers will have access so I would ask her previous teacher to go through the paper and give you pointers on how she can improve.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Have you had a refund of the amount they overcharged you?
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Guest55 wrote:Have you had a refund of the amount they overcharged you?
Thanks Guest55,

No refund, we have not asked them for any refund as before applying they have sent us the letters saying that there will be a charge of £15 per script and we paid that.

We are still awaiting the email for the remarked scripts to be sent.

Our request/appeal was not successful in Wycombe High School so daughter opted for Dr Challoners High School for Sixth Form (Maths, Chemistry and Biology), now she leaves for DCHS at 07:15 in the morning and comes back home at about 17:00.

I need some suggestion as DD teachers at WHS are not replying back to her emails as she has requested for the Mark scheme and Examiner report Maths, Chemistry Bilogy and English Language.

Please can some senior or teacher help/ suggest me what to do and how to get atleast English Language Examinet reports she will be resitting the paper in November 2018.

Also any parents of children attending DCHS at Sixth Form share their views.

Thanks in advance
Amber

Post by Amber »

I suggest emailing the chair of governors at the school, setting out very clearly what you have asked for and the timeline involved. Copy in the Head and the Clerk to governors as well. That ought to elicit a response.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why are they charging for priority marking when that is not relevant and the copies of your daughter's Edexcel papers can be downloaded FREE!
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Amber wrote:I suggest emailing the chair of governors at the school, setting out very clearly what you have asked for and the timeline involved. Copy in the Head and the Clerk to governors as well. That ought to elicit a response.
Please can you share their email address so that I can email them tonight
Guest55 wrote:Why are they charging for priority marking when that is not relevant and the copies of your daughter's Edexcel papers can be downloaded FREE!
They have the option on the form for the standard marking and priority marking ane we opted for priority marking as we were of the opinion that things will be done quickly and ut was true. Unfortunately after the priority review of marking DD grade was same.

Guest55 your guidance in this matter will be highly appreciated as what we should do?

Now its extremely annoying that no one replies to our emails
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Priority marking wasn't available for GCSE so that additional fee was no paid to Edexcel by the school. I'd write a letter to the school and complain about the charges - they might be entitled to charge an admin fee but not what you have paid.

Free access described here:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/s ... ripts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

contact us: https://www.whs.bucks.sch.uk/contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ring and ask for the Chair of Governors e-mail
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now