Short GCSE courses

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JaneEyre

Re: Short GCSE courses

Post by JaneEyre »

BucksBornNBred wrote:Wow. That is my dream! We have a room filled with books but not that big :( I grew up in a house with no books on display (other than a set of encyclopedias), so I worry that owning your own library might skip generations and my DS will decide to shun all books on display!
High five! :D
I had the luck to be surrounded by books when I was young: plenty of bookcases - open and closed ones, from the ceiling to the floor - in many different rooms and at different floors in a huge home. My parents even ended up having another closed bookcase from the ceiling in a playroom in an annexe! :shock: I guess this is one of the reasons I love books so much! :D :D

BucksBornNBred wrote:I had to bite my lip recently as we had to buy books for DS to make notes in at school... I was brought up not to deface books so I am struggling a bit with that (I know it is supposed to help study but I have never written in a book in my life).
I was like till till recently, my books being my little treasures. :D
As a consequence, I took me a lot of time to accept to write on my books during AS levels… At the end, here I was with my coloured pencils, translation of words, even sticking plenty of little bits of paper to have the translation ready of difficult parts in a play by Shakespeare! :lol:

And now I have got the gist :shock: :shock: to the point that I have received just today a copy of Tartuffe by Molière (In French this one) so that I could colour all the different characters’ part in different colours and immerse myself completely into the play… and highlight everything I wish!!! :lol: :lol:

After having been a leisure and treasures that must not be tarnished, books have now become for me a tool to understand better human nature!!! :oops: :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now