GCSEs 2018 to 2020

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hwood

Re: GCSEs 2018 to 2020

Post by hwood »

Guest55

No, I am not confused and absolutely clear about both. You are the one who is still confused by not interpreting my original post.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No I'm not and I'm not going to argue any further - please make another thread about medicine as 95+% of people just aren't interested in this course.
hwood

Post by hwood »

No one is, enjoy rest of the weekend.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Guest55 wrote: make another thread about medicine as 95+% of people just aren't interested in this course.
I am afraid that comment wasn’t really necessary and a sweeping generalisation. Even if you are right, it’s only fair to allow other OP’s to have an opinion and discuss certain subjects on a public forum. I am sure you will agree with me that for any subject being discussed on this forum, there are bound to be OP’s not interested in that particular topic - so it’s not something out of ordinary.

Furthermore, the subject of medicine came about as the original author of this thread put forward a question asking me if my DS planned for Oxbridge; to which I replied that he was interested in pursuing a career in Medicine but it might be a long shot as far as Oxbridge was concerned. So it wasn’t at all out of context. A further reference was made to Medicine to justify a comment made by another respected poster that certain courses tend to have a typical GCSE profile of 10 A*’s for successful entry, and the only one I had in mind was Oxford Medicine.

And, finally, I am quite clear in my mind on the difference between a minimum entry requirement for a course versus a typical successful student profile attending a course.