11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Surferfish

Re: GCSEs 2019

Post by Surferfish »

Anyone got French Orals today?
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Surferfish wrote:Anyone got French Orals today?
Dd had hers on Wednesday. She was pleased with how it went. Hope your dc's goes well today.
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Thanks.

French is probably DS's weakest subject tbh (only one that he's doing Foundation in), but he has been practicing, so if he can scrape a half decent grade that will be OK.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Thursday 9th. Changed from Wednesday 8th, due to the school having managed to allocate him a time when he will be ten miles away at a hospital appointment. I can't actually remember which was arranged first, but fortunately the oral could be moved, because the time of the OPA couldn't, only postponed.

His sister's A level one is on Tuesday :shock:.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

My DS had his Tuesday I think, said it went ok. French isn’t his thing but hoping for at least a 6
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Just to say good luck to everyone. First exam here today - Art over 2 days - DS looking forward to a break from enforced revision during lesson time!!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BlueBerry22 wrote:Just to say good luck to everyone. First exam here today - Art over 2 days - DS looking forward to a break from enforced revision during lesson time!!
Presumably a different board for Art here, or do the schools just have to fit them in by a certain date? (I do pay attention sometimes, honest; I've even got the dates and times of both DS2's and DD's exams in my diary). DS2 did his at the end of the first week back. He was just a bit miffed that one of the days was a half day for the rest of the school :evil:.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Good luck everyone.
Dd's last day at school today; she has two days of study leave before the exams start properly on Monday.
We were speaking to one of her friends on Sunday from a different school who has to continue with lessons/timetable right up until half term. Dd would find that so frustrating as she's much better at working on her own.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

ToadMum wrote:
BlueBerry22 wrote:Just to say good luck to everyone. First exam here today - Art over 2 days - DS looking forward to a break from enforced revision during lesson time!!
Presumably a different board for Art here, or do the schools just have to fit them in by a certain date? (I do pay attention sometimes, honest; I've even got the dates and times of both DS2's and DD's exams in my diary). DS2 did his at the end of the first week back. He was just a bit miffed that one of the days was a half day for the rest of the school :evil:.
Yes, Art is one that has to be fitted in within a specific time window - as do languages (speaking) and Photography (and no doubt some others I can't remember offhand!)
Hebden

Post by Hebden »

Good luck everyone, our eldest finishes school tomorrow (the leavers hoodie is hung up ready to go!) The exam he was dreading the most was his German speaking, which is now out of the way - 1 down 24 to go!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now