GCSEs 2019

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
loobylou

Re: GCSEs 2019

Post by loobylou »

salsa wrote:
loobylou wrote:Dd kicking herself over the Edexcel maths paper - she says she worked out how to do the last question (took her 25 minutes!) then was so excited that she forgot to actually pick the answer. She's hoping she'll get some marks for workings :roll:
She's remarkably relaxed about the exams generally which is great. The only one she's been really disappointed with has been Music.
At my son's school the boys were also disappointed with the music exam as it included a famous, but not covered in lessons song. In Punjabi, apparently? I think they had to analyse something about it. Not sure as he doesn't do music GCSE.

Salsa
Must have been a different board. She thought it was just really hard compared to the practice questions. The extracts were so short it was hard to listen for enough things in the timeframe apparently.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Was it part of a 12 mark question in the Edexcel exam? Some discussion over on TSR.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showth ... st83748932
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Any feedback on AQA Biology Paper 2 today? Dd said it was really hard, she wasn't happy.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Middlesexmum wrote:Any feedback on AQA Biology Paper 2 today? Dd said it was really hard, she wasn't happy.
Very hard. Not just for my son, but his whole class.

Salsa
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:
Middlesexmum wrote:Any feedback on AQA Biology Paper 2 today? Dd said it was really hard, she wasn't happy.
Very hard. Not just for my son, but his whole class.

Salsa
Possibly Oh dear here, then (re my previous post :lol:) - that one was 'Okay', as well. He actually liked the 'Biological reasons for transplant vs dialysis' question, apparently.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Dd rather liked the AQA Biology although she didn't like the transplant question. Though she was more happy at the thought of never having to do biology again than anything else.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

First year of the IGCSE Edexcel 9-1 Science papers this year.

IGCSE Edexcel Biology Paper Two this afternoon.

First question was a 15 mark English Comprehension on the Barrier Reef.

Total of 70 marks for the paper.

1 hour 15 minutes and just 7 questions although there were a lot of sub parts.

Definitely a paper that would really suit anyone with strong comprehension skills.. DG
Hebden

Post by Hebden »

My DS sat the AQA Biology Higher paper today and said it was fine. The two papers he has been least happy with so far are the AQA English Lang paper 2 this morning and AQA Geography paper 2 on Wednesday. He is enjoying getting all the books out of his room once he has taken the final exam in a subject!
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

7 subjects done with now after English and Biology today. DS’s comments have all been relatively positive, but that isn’t unusual for him and doesn’t always bode well! Just want to get to the end now, think we will all be relieved. He said Biology was quite hard.
salsa

Post by salsa »

One week and one day for my son. I wonder how to celebrate getting through them. What are your children doing after school ends. Those with siblings still at school couldn’t go on a family holiday. Ours is not until August.

Salsa