English lit remark - is 5 marks feasible?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: English lit remark - is 5 marks feasible?

Post by Daogroupie »

Sorry Tinkers, I thought it was your post that mentioned this. I will need to go back and find the one that did.

All lines of argument are valid and I said that in my post but in this case the line of argument was not recognised and the remark indicated that as the reason for the increase in marks.

OP, I hope you have found the answer you were looking for. DG
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

We are going for a remark , she was 3 marks off a 9 also AQA.

It's a such subjective subjects that 5-3 marks is nowt but remarks can go up as well go down.

My son had a remark few years back and his UMS went up by 5 , but I think that was in Eng Lang igcse CEM board.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD only got one paper reviewed. She could get the other reviewed, but doesn’t want to risk losing marks and going back down again. However if she got another 7 marks she would (I think) go up another grade.
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

stroudydad wrote:Hi All,
Daughter is still undecided about a remark for her AQA English lit. Any teachers here have any idea how feasible an extra 5 Marks is?
DS was advised just to get 1 paper remarked in English Lit. It went up by 18 marks from a 6 to an 8. Good luck to your DD but I think you will have to decide soon as the cut off is on 20th Sept?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Miltonkeynes1 wrote:
Daughter is still undecided about a remark for her AQA English lit. Any teachers here have any idea how feasible an extra 5 Marks is?
DS was advised just to get 1 paper remarked in English Lit. It went up by 18 marks from a 6 to an 8. Good luck to your DD but I think you will have to decide soon as the cut off is on 20th Sept?

School advised similar, one paper was marked far lower than the other so she’s getting that one done. Surprisingly also the school are paying half..
Thanks
watford

Post by watford »

stroudydad wrote:
Miltonkeynes1 wrote:

School advised similar, one paper was marked far lower than the other so she’s getting that one done. Surprisingly also the school are paying half..
Thanks
Hiya
Fingers crossed for your DC.
Have you heard anything back?

Watford
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Got the review back, for AQA Eng.Lang

DC needed 1 mark to go to next grade but no luck :!:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now