When do GCSE exams finish?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

food4thought

When do GCSE exams finish?

Post by food4thought »

Hello folks,
My boy is doing his GCSEs this year. Does anyone know when the GCSE exams finish? I am guessing that the last one will be early July... but would be good to know so i can book my summer holiday - the one week I look forward to each year :-)

thanks
F4T
Guest55

Re: When do GCSE exams finish?

Post by Guest55 »

Look up my post about the GCSE contingency day.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 56&t=55560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think that I read that the last dates for GCSE were 20 June, A levels 25 June & then the contingency day on 26 June, but do check on the boards' websites and don't rely on my memory!
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - the JCQ calendar is on that link. Yo are safe after June 26th but check any Sixth Form induction days.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Some schools do A Level taster sessions once the GCSEs are over so do check with the current and prospective schools too. I gather they can be really useful sessions to prevent choosing the wrong subject, especially now that we are on linear A levels and DCs are now mostly not choosing a 'spare' A level that they then drop like they did with AS levels.
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

food4thought wrote:Hello folks,
My boy is doing his GCSEs this year. Does anyone know when the GCSE exams finish? I am guessing that the last one will be early July... but would be good to know so i can book my summer holiday - the one week I look forward to each year :-)

thanks
F4T
Same here F4T. Hopefully holiday prices for late June/early July should be cheaper as its still during term time for most people. :D
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Surferfish wrote:
food4thought wrote:Hello folks,

thanks
F4T
Same here F4T. Hopefully holiday prices for late June/early July should be cheaper as its still during term time for most people. :D
That'll be us the following year 2020 - oldest DC finals at Uni, middle DC A-levels, youngest DC GCSE's ... will definitely be needing a holiday after that stressfull time (for me that is, not the children :lol: )
Heartmum x x x
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Dd was planning a holiday but with 6th form induction, work experience and her wish to be involved in the summer production, it's not looking as though she's going to have as much spare time as she expected.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

DS has to go into school after GCSEs for a book return assembly. Schools should be sending out details soon of exam dates and any other requirements they might have for attendance.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

In our school, book return and 6th form induction days are compulsory, so it is worth checking with your specific school what their requirements are.