Technology

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kanye

Technology

Post by kanye »

DS' school asks pupils to bring laptop to school each day for use in lessons, which are structured and shared by teachers digitally, some homework submitted online etc. He consequently has only a few exercise books that he writes in.
Does anyone have experience of how learning like this translates across when it comes to revising for and taking GCSEs eg how do your DCs organise and file their notes - are they handwritten and put into a lever-arch file at the end of each day (as I did eons ago)? I am wondering if he needs to print them out each day to store and revise from. Also, if used to writing essays in Word and editing directly on PC etc, how may this translate in exam conditions - he will obviously need to write essays by hand on paper which I have discovered he is panicking about as he is so used to dong them on his laptop.
MrsChubbs

Re: Technology

Post by MrsChubbs »

Research seems to suggest that reading through notes and highlighting them is not the most effective way to revise. Other methods are being pursued by schools that revisit the learning on a more regular basis and are more likely to embed the learning. Having said that the exams will require writing essays and long answers (especially higher science papers) so school should be making sure that they do a combination of digital and written work to make sure they get practice in all areas.