History GCSE

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BucksBornNBred

History GCSE

Post by BucksBornNBred »

I was just wondering if anyone can advise on good text books for history GCSE Edexcel?

The reason for asking is that there seem to be so many options across the papers that no one book covers all of the topics. I know(?) the option for paper 1 (warfare through time c1250 to present), but am a bit hazy on the other papers (trying to get confirmation from school).

Also, if anyone does know the history options for JHGS I should be grateful for that information :D

Many thanks.
KS10

Re: History GCSE

Post by KS10 »

I’m not sure that there is a textbook that covers everything. There are Edexcel books for each option - I know of 2 schools that bought these - and I think DD found them useful. Does the school’s website have any info about the options? I’m guessing your DC hasn’t yet started the course.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

KS10 wrote:I’m not sure that there is a textbook that covers everything. There are Edexcel books for each option - I know of 2 schools that bought these - and I think DD found them useful. Does the school’s website have any info about the options? I’m guessing your DC hasn’t yet started the course.
Thank you. I think I have had a derp moment as indeed I think I can now match up the options (I could blame it on working on a slow laptop but then that is no excuse as I could have resorted to pen and paper!). :oops:

I will now go and look for Edexcel books based on your advice.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

They’re probably quite pricey. DD was given them by her school and returned them at the end of the course.
https://www.educationumbrella.com/edexc ... 361/null/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was her Crime & Punishment book.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

KS10 wrote:They’re probably quite pricey. DD was given them by her school and returned them at the end of the course.
https://www.educationumbrella.com/edexc ... 361/null/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was her Crime & Punishment book.
Actually the prices don't seem too bad at (so far) around £15, though I am hoping the school will offer some text books at a discounted price!

I can now see the course is:
London & WWII, 1939-1945
Weimar and **** Germany 1918-39
Warfare through time c1260-present
Henry VIII & his ministers 1509-40
Conflict in the Middle East 1945-95

Thank you KS10 for your help (oh, DS is Yr10 so has already started the course, I just want to make sure he has text books to revise from).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now