GCSE 2020

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Redshoes

Re: GCSE 2020

Post by Redshoes »

Joining the journey too - if that’s ok. Like many of you can’t believe how quickly this time has come round. Nice to see some familiar names from the class of 2015.
bnb

Post by bnb »

Joining the journey too for ds1.
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Has anyone else’s children got mocks coming up? DD1’s school have mocks in December and then we have to go and collect the envelope of results just like we will have to on the real day. The mock results can be used to apply for college or 6th form to other schools.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Blue_Marigold wrote:Has anyone else’s children got mocks coming up? DD1’s school have mocks in December and then we have to go and collect the envelope of results just like we will have to on the real day. The mock results can be used to apply for college or 6th form to other schools.
Every school and child is different but for those who rely on their long term memory some forms of revision suit them better than others. In my youngest dd's school they are going to have mini tests in some lessons on their year 9 work for which they have been asked to revise since starting school this year. In November they will be having mocks in all their subjects and again in February before beginning the real ones in May/June.

I have seen the final exam tables for OCR and AQA on their websites and I was relieved to see their were no two exams on at the same time. My dd is not aware of her timetable she will learn of it at the same time as the rest of her class.You forget how much of a marathon it is rather than a sprint.

I am just glad my youngest dd is away all weekend with the guides and scouts on a regional camp. So she won't be doing any revision on her year 9 work over the weekend for those mini tests next week. She has been working hard. Useful to have a day at home yesterday while prospective children at the school are taking their 11 plus exams.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

my DD also has mocks in December! She will be doing homework as normal until mid October or so and I think, after a break in October half term, will start to focus on the mocks. This is what she is saying now... We shall see!
test1

Post by test1 »

pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Does anyone know when the FSMQ exam is?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:Does anyone know when the FSMQ exam is?

16th June?

https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/546283-ju ... ficate.pdf
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

ToadMum wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:Does anyone know when the FSMQ exam is?

16th June?

https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/546283-ju ... ficate.pdf
Thanks
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

I am bit late but booking my place. DD doing GCSE in 2020.