GCSE 2020

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
test1

GCSE 2020

Post by test1 »

Perhaps it is high time that we create a GCSE 2020 thread!!!
kenyancowgirl

Re: GCSE 2020

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Really?! The vast majority of students aren't going to finish their GCSE content until February half term at the earliest - Easter in most schools. I think you have plenty of time! Having perspective is one of the most useful tools a parent can have in their armour!
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Really?! The vast majority of students aren't going to finish their GCSE content until February half term at the earliest - Easter in most schools. I think you have plenty of time! Having perspective is one of the most useful tools a parent can have in their armour!
The idea is to have a supportive thread for the next year. Please could all posters remember that this is a supportive forum. After all, GCSEs aren't just about the exams, year 11 can be a stressful time.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

I’m up for joining you on the journey Test1.
This is second time round in our house but different school and different option subjects.
My DS was told to reread his set texts over this holiday but my DS hasn’t been asked to.
Main thing I realised from last time was that going back in September with everything filed etc was a huge help.
Nothing will be done in our house over the summer except art.
My DD plans to visit some galleries for inspiration and get a few pages done.
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Joining the journey for my DD1. Can’t quite believe how quickly this has crept up on us. I could do with some support. Have no idea what to expect or how to best support my DD. Her favourite teachers are leaving so she’ll get new teachers in September. I hope they are nice!
Hera

Post by Hera »

This is the second time round for us with DD1. I will have one doing A-Levels and one GCSEs in 2020 so it is going to be a busy year.
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Hera, I have friends who had this situation this year and they said, in some ways, it was easier, as both children were studying and were able to support each others need for focus, etc. So fingers crossed!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Stokers wrote:Hera, I have friends who had this situation this year and they said, in some ways, it was easier, as both children were studying and were able to support each others need for focus, etc. So fingers crossed!
I agree! Though possibly better now than when there were GCSE modules in year 10 and 11 and then AS in year 12 and A2 in year 12 ... much chance for someone in the family to be doing some sort of exams for many year :shock: .
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:
Stokers wrote:Hera, I have friends who had this situation this year and they said, in some ways, it was easier, as both children were studying and were able to support each others need for focus, etc. So fingers crossed!
I agree! Though possibly better now than when there were GCSE modules in year 10 and 11 and then AS in year 12 and A2 in year 12 ... much chance for someone in the family to be doing some sort of exams for many year :shock: .
Assuming that he will be back in for year 12 in September, DS2 will sit AS levels next summer. I think that his may be the last school in the area doing them. I suppose that one possible advantage may be that having public exams to work towards concentrates the mind a bit more? Although I do know that it didn't necessarily work that way for everyone last year :(.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Second time for us 2020 but with my DD1 this time and only just done with our DS....roll on August for the results!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now