Autumn exams - govt consultation

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mad?

Re: Autumn exams - govt consultation

Post by mad? »

Hera wrote: I wasn't attacking you and am feeling fragile with it all so please be kind.
These are difficult times for everyone Hera and I imagine many parents are on their knees. I'm sure you are doing a great job of being a parent. Try not to be hard on yourself and remember you are not alone. Best wishes.
mad?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hera wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Are you sure I don't? I know quite a few schools and what they are doing ... state schools doing their students proud. Teachers working their socks off teaching online as well as supporting key workers children.
I said many not all, so I am sure that you know know quite a few schools providing resources for all years including year 11. I am saying that many, including outstanding schools are not and that I am concerned about my own children. That is all. I wasn't attacking you and am feeling fragile with it all so please be kind.

It is very stressful at present and yes I think Hera used the the correct word - Fragile

Lots of people feeling this and experiencing very different things happening at work, school and to their families - (I must say that my last 6 weeks of my career were the most bizarre times I have ever spent, NHS definitely out of any comfort zone as just about everything we knew and did went out of the window, amazing how it all pulled back though )

Guest55 may have experience of a "super duper offering everything in sight" at her school, whereas many others are not getting the benefit of this.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I know that friends are struggling to work full-time with conference calls, monthly reports etc while trying to supervise their children's learning at the same time.

Fragile sums it up perfectly.
One friend, a teacher who has been working hard throughout this is just about coping as long as her three boys 16, 13 and 8 can be kept apart from each other!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Post removed by moderators.

When a member is feeling fragile, the wording of any response needs particular sensitivity.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Our school provided pre A level work for year 11 during lockdown as well as volunteering to mentor year 7 to year 10 on subjects of their choice - which was a great idea. (This is a state school).

But apart from that there was no year 11 specific work set.

Guest55 if your school was providing year 11 specific work then please can you share an overview of what type of work - might help parents who are lost on what DC should be doing to keep up.

Like most others have said - our focus also is in getting on with A’levels whatever may come on August 20.

All the best to everyone over the summer hols!