Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Predicted grades
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:10 pm 

Salsa - i really don't know what they will give them - it sounds as if it will probably be based on GCSE results - maybe they will enlighten us in Sept but they certainly haven't assessed enough work to have any idea of future performance. The fact nothing was graded post March has bugged me because if they knew they were only handing in work at grade C they could rectify it - especially if A levels are cancelled again. I feel they are very disadvantaged.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 pm 

I agree. However, didn’t the government say that the exams would go ahead?
Salsa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:21 am 

without wanting to get political - it is very difficult to predict what the situation will be in June/July 2021 or indeed how much schooling they will have in Year 13. The govt may want the exams to go ahead now but the reality may be different as we get closer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:34 am 

BlueBerry22 wrote:
without wanting to get political - it is very difficult to predict what the situation will be in June/July 2021 or indeed how much schooling they will have in Year 13. The govt may want the exams to go ahead now but the reality may be different as we get closer.

I totally agree.

Salsa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:14 pm 

My DS’s mock exams have been rescheduled for mid September, so the results will be available just in time for the Oxbridge applications. I am not convinced all schoolchildren will be in school full time for the whole of next school year either, time will tell!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:47 pm 

Hebden wrote:
My DS’s mock exams have been rescheduled for mid September, so the results will be available just in time for the Oxbridge applications. I am not convinced all schoolchildren will be in school full time for the whole of next school year either, time will tell!

That’s actually a little late for Oxbridge in the sense that the 15th is the deadline so most want to get it in before then - for a student whose predicted grades are lower than hoped (or someone whose predicted grades mean that actually Oxbridge is unexpectedly a possibility) it doesn’t give a whole lot of leeway. Saying that, I think next year may well be an extraordinary year for many with local lockdowns, track & trace lockdowns and possible cases of Covid, I will be surprised if many students get a full year at school, again, sadly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 pm 

I just have to trust that the staff at our Grammar School know what they are doing by rescheduling the mocks for September, after such an exceptional few months.We are in Calderdale West Yorkshire, so currently in the lockdown zone! Fingers crossed all our children can move on to a new normal in September, I really feel for them all.