William Borlase and St Bartholomew's Sixth form

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
readingmummy786

William Borlase and St Bartholomew's Sixth form

Post by readingmummy786 »

Good evening,

My daughter is currently in Year 11 at Kendrick School and is considering applying to Borlaise and St. Barts for Sixth form. I just wanted to ask if anyone has had experience or knows anything about either schools and whether they think it would be worth moving. She personally doesn't have a preference but it would be really helpful if anyone knows anything about either of the sixth forms (including Kendrick!)

TIA
Tinkers

Re: William Borlase and St Bartholomew's Sixth form

Post by Tinkers »

My DD has just left kendrick after 7 years. She wouldn’t even consider looking at other 6th forms, that’s where she was staying. However if your DD would prefer to go elsewhere then it’s worth looking at other places too. I know a fair number leave each year, and it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
She is still at uni at the moment but will be back home soon so if you have any questions feel free.
kittymum

Re: William Borlase and St Bartholomew's Sixth form

Post by kittymum »

I’ve just read this and based on the fact that my youngest had her interview for 6th form last week I may be too late.

Anyway ...

My children have both been at SWBGS since year 7 - one currently yr 13 the other yr 11 (and staying for 6th form).

Happy to answer any questions you have. The most obv difference is of course it’s mixed sex. We are local to Borlase and I wouldn’t fancy the journey to Kendrick from Marlow so look carefully at your journey to Borlase.

Borlase take any extra 60+ into 6th form so it’s big! It’s a fab school but then I’m sure Kendrick is so it depends on yr reason for wanting change.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now