Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A levels 2022
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:58 pm 

Thank you all supportive parents for responding. This seems like a year long, persistent pressure, with lots of deadlines, assessments and stages. I am doing the 'appear calm and confident in their ability to do it all but be there if they need you and worry in your head' thing.
During her 11+ journey, I knew a bit more of what was going on, and had some input which was sufficient to offer me a sense of purpose and her a sense of direction. However, secondary school has been a totally different journey, with us getting a glimpse of school during parents' evening (when it happened in real life), choirs and shows. Apart from that, it has been minimal. So far, it was fine, as things seemed to flow nicely. But now, as it seems that they are at a crucial stage which would decide the next path in life, it makes me anxious on her behalf. I do feel for the children and then remind myself that we have all been there, and thrived.

Parenting is such a life long learning, a constant act of balancing your own with theirs, be it needs, wants, worries, abilities, independence, values or dreams.

The forum has gone rather quiet these days. Hope all current year 13s are hopeful and those in Uni remain excited and current year 12s are gearing up x

Post subject: Re: A levels 2022
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm 

parenting is such a balance and doing the right thing at the right time is crucial - I am at the stage of kids with postgraduate degrees but no clue about longer term careers, doing short term jobs on low pay, OK they are getting lots of experience and that is crucial - but giving the right amount of parental input at the right time is still a balancing act!! :shock: