to move or not

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Post by mystery »

How small are her teaching groups in each subject likely to be? What is the standard of the girls left behind?

Are they subjects where a lively and intelligent debate will be necessary to gain the better marks (e.g. in the not insignificant spoken elements of modern languages)?

In the specific A' levels she will study how does the quality of teaching in the two schools compare?

What does she want to do later on - which school do you both feel would give you the better preparation for this both academically and socially?
another mother

Post by another mother »

Think we are staying - at least vis a vis boys indie... but over 20 are leaving including several close friends so it's all a bit hard - it's a shame when really she says that aside from the loss of friends, she's very happy to be there.
Am hoping a great social life will kick in - maybe I'll eat my words!

There will still be c 60 in the sixth form I think - and most of her subjects - English, maths and history, will be popular - so around 12 in a class. Hist of art will be small but that's probably true most places.

have to say I do feel a little wobbly - she's been so happy there -will feel terrible if this isn't good. I heard mention of a nunnery going mixed this morning!! - maybe this is just very odd to stay single sex :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now