A2 maths last week 20th January

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I agree KenR - my daughter didn't do further maths, although with hindsight I think she should have done, but I have one of those girls who thinks she's no good at anything :? If what your saying is true, she should be fine in the summer because all the really clever ones will have finished by then :lol: She is worried that C4 might tip her over the edge into insanity, although I think she'll be fine, and luckily has a little bit of leeway to let her drop a bit and still keep her A :lol:

This lack of teaching between Juna and Jan was not the best preparation at all for your daughter, she has done extremely well to keep at it and still achieve :lol:
KB

Post by KB »

Not sure it is correct that more of the FM students taking C3 & C4 in January - lots take them in June too (of year 12)!
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi KB

I know not all schools do these but certainly my DDs school (KEHS) does this and I'm told that a number of other school follow this approach.

Don't think this is a problem for students going on a taking FM but it's a problem for those that chosse to drop FM after year12.

Regards
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now