two languages at A Level

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Louise2

two languages at A Level

Post by Louise2 »

My DD is very good at languages and is considering French and Spanish at A Level. I think this may be taking on a bit too much we aren't a bi-lingual family and I think one language would be enough. She is not sure what she wants to do at uni yet and is considering English Lit and/or Art and Maths combined with languages. Her Art is exceptional and I am encouraging her to continue with this. Maths would be a risk for her as it would be dependant on her relationship with her teacher as its probably her 'weakest' subject out of the ones she is considering. General Studies is compulsory as a fifth subject for her too at her sixth form both in AS and A2. Any advice would be much appreciated.
ourmaminhavana

Re: two languages at A Level

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Hi Louise, IMHO you really don't need to be a bi lingual family for your DC to study 2 languages for 'A' levels. In fact, personally I think French and Spanish go well together. My DS had studied very little French at his state primary and yet now appears to be doing extremely well which his French teacher and I put down to having lived in a Spanish speaking country for a year when younger.:)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now