Opinions please on A level choices...

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kegsteacher

Re: Opinions please on A level choices...

Post by kegsteacher »

She is very creative and wants to go to art college in Cambridge after Sixth Form.
To be flip, I remember this quote from Red Dwarf:
Lister: I went to art college.
Rimmer: You.
Lister: Yeah.
Rimmer: How did you get into art college?
Lister: The normal way you get into art college. The same old usual, boring, normal way you get in. Failed my exams and applied. They snapped me up.
Now more seriously, rather than a string of top A levels, the best art colleges demand a body of work, which shows the artist's creativity and originality. This will require significantly more time to be spent in the art department than other students and preparing a thick skin for the damning critiques when at art college.

If she changes her mind while in the sixth form, she has two top academic A levels plus two or three others, which should be fine. After all, I have rarely seen demands for more than two 'hard' options, save subjects like Medicine or Vet Med. Seems like an excellent choice to me :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Moonlight these options seem fine to me - they give a number of options if she changes her mind about art college.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

kegsteacher, not sure why you felt the need to post the quote from Red Dwarf. My daughter has a genuine love of art and will not be failing her exams in the hope of being snapped up! Whilst your last two paragraphs are helpful, reading the quote is not. No Red Dwarf fan here I'm afraid.

Guest55, thank you again for taking the time to reply to me.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now