Written interviews - any experience?

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2childmum

Written interviews - any experience?

Post by 2childmum »

My neice is applying to study speech therapy and 2 unis have sent her written interviews to fill in. Unfortunately I can't remember which ones, but I've never heard of this before. Does anyone know anything about it?
Thingsbehindthesun

Re: Written interviews - any experience?

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I have seen something similar, from my newphew who applied for Biomedical science at UCL.His asked several questions such as why he was applying, other courses he had taken into consideration and to summarise the design, results and interpretation of a scientific experiment that he had conducted or read about. :lol:

I think it's all just to help support applications and help identify possible candidates for interviews, as it shows motivation and interests depending on the questions.
;D
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I think it's quite common for UCL-I know they do it for history and languages too
marigold

Post by marigold »

My daughter has friends applying for Speech Therapy and Social Work and they have both had to write essays as part of the procedure. Some Universities have asked for a couple of long essays and others have given a list of questions requiring 400 word answers.
Not sure which I would prefer......
mystery

Post by mystery »

It sounds as though she should think of it as an essay, not a written interview? The latter might lead to a poor writing style, and that might be part of this test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now