Remark and Photocopy of Script for AS and A2 papers deadline

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Remark and Photocopy of Script for AS and A2 papers deadline

Post by Daogroupie »

The deadline for this opportunity at our college is midday today to get it out of the way before GCSE results tomorrow. In my opinion you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by taking advantage of this option. A three mark upgrade and a grade upgrade was obtained from a remark of an AS paper in January. I wish this option had been available when I sat my O levels and A levels. I would have really have liked to have seen my papers and found out where I went wrong so I could learn from my mistakes. DG
Guest55

Re: Remark and Photocopy of Script for AS and A2 papers dead

Post by Guest55 »

Marks CAN go down so do look at how many raw marks you need to cross the grade threshold.

We usually encourage students to get the photocopy and then let us check that it has been marked in line with the mark scheme.

Your money is refunded if the changes affect the overall grade.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hmm! I did not get a refund from my grade upgrade in January. That was AQA. Should I be contacting them about this? Is it on their website somewhere that you are entitled to your money back? DG
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Contact the school as all requests are arranged via them.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Update. Got the remark back yesterday, less than a week later. For the second time in six months obtained three more marks and a Grade upgrade. No mention of a refund so now they owe me two refunds! So two Grade upgrades obtained free of charge in theory. I will believe it when I get the money back. The college has made no mention of a refund. DG
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Look at the examboard website:

Example from AQA

http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/A ... S-FEES.PDF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I sent cheque to school, grade has gone up (yay!) - presume cheque won;t get cashed or will be returned as school won;t get charged for that one.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

My experience is that the school don't cash the cheque - and return it should the grade change . :D

Well done, Herman - does that make a difference ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looking for help wrote:My experience is that the school don't cash the cheque - and return it should the grade change . :D

Well done, Herman - does that make a difference ?
Not to the uni place which was confirmed anyway but grade looks more like it should (A now not a B) and means not having to explain oneself on arrival at Uni to everyone else who has cracking grades. :wink:
catcool

Post by catcool »

For those of you who have asked for a remark in your DD/DS AS papers what is the maximum additional marks you have seen their papers go up by . I would have thought only 1 or 2 but it appears it can be much higher.
Trying to decide if it is worth going for a remark on a couple of DS's AS papers
I have looked at the grade boundaries and can't decide what to do .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now