Anyone got a DC making an Oxbridge application

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
neveragain*

Anyone got a DC making an Oxbridge application

Post by neveragain* »

If so, ,wondered if we could support one another here!
neveragain*

Re: Anyone got a DC making an Oxbridge application

Post by neveragain* »

So, that's a no then!
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Hopefully in about seven years, so I'll come back to you then for advice! :)

On a serious note, sorry you have no replies just yet, but I guess most people on here are geared for the 11 plus. Hang in there, because someone somewhere out there might know something! :wink:

Good luck with your application!
moved

Post by moved »

As 11+ results have just been released in many areas a lot of people may have missed your thread too.

We still have 2 and 3 years to go before that horror!

DD's school trip last Friday was to look at Cambridge; she is now under the impression that is where she wants to go!
jemima

Post by jemima »

Yep, I have a 2013 law application from DD for Brasenose Oxford. Also applied, Warwick, York, Nottingham, Leeds. LNAT done and the waiting begins. What will be will be.
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

What subject and which college?
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

DS2 has an application in to study English at Cambridge. Now just hoping for suitable predicted grades, school wouldn't tell him what they sent on his behalf which I found really annoying! It's our 'long shot' but he has a good 2nd firm favourite so wouldn't be too much of a disaster if he didn't get an offer and already has an interview lined up with that one.

He does have 1 conditional offer already though from the remaining 2 'choices' which came 3 hours after email confirming his application was received :shock:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

T12ACY - did he only make four choices then?

I find it shocking that a school won't give predicted grades; how can students make a sensible choice of courses without this information?
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

T12ACY - your post put fear of god into me.......we've had no offers yet! Well done ur DS. Where offers for?

She applying for HPS at kings college.
Predicted all a* at a2 and 97% average AS grades,
Her other choices Bristol, LSE and birm.....

Sending her three essays off tomorrow! The a wait for a possible interview........scary :(

She is confident she'll get Interview.....and I'm not letting her know how anxious I am. As some of you know, we've had a shocking few months with 2 suicides in close succession so just getting forms in was an achievement!

Fingers crossed for all out DC ****
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Yes only 4 choices.... don't get me started. His GF has something to do with this!

The offer was from Kent (Canterbury) which is our 'local' Uni and was conditional on AAB, he should easily get these grades. To be fair I am not overly convinced he will achieve the A*AA for Cambridge he would need, although the school have encouraged him to go for it. Probably says more about their aspirations than his as he would be very, very happy to get a place at Queen Mary in London. Has his interview there in November and would be fully expected to achieve their entry criteria.

Also applied to Sussex Uni, which is about as far away from home I could get him :roll:

AS levels he got AAAB, and is resitting the B in January. GCSE's 6 A*'s and 7 A's. In particular his English teacher is pushing him and is convinced he will get his A* needed but it's just so hard! (IMO, as I barely scraped CSE's!!!!)
Last edited by T12ACY on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.