Year 11 Stem summer school at Imperial College

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bookmark

Post by Bookmark »

Does anyone have experience of this summer school for Year 11 students in Imperial College?
Or similar outreach projects? Thanks.
( Iwas not sure whether to post this here or in the University section, hence the duplicate)
Bookmark

Post by Bookmark »

Does anyone have experience of the stem summer school for year 11 students at Imperial college? Or similar?
(Sorry I was not sure where to post this, so put it in 6th form and university sections)

I have merged these two threads to keep any answers in one place - Moderator
Bestmumintheworld

Re: Year 11 Stem summer school at Imperial College

Post by Bestmumintheworld »

Hi Bookmark

My year 11 daughter applied for a place before Christmas or early January on one of these summer courses after she saw a poster up in her school. She applied online.

They were called the 2015 Inspire EDT courses. Cost £105

She had to decide if you wanted a residential place or a day place. Offers went out some time in March and she got a place at Queen Mary, University of London. The course lasts for 3 days.

I am not sure if any places are still available on this. She has not looked into any other courses, that I am aware of. :shock:

Maybe Imperial are offering other courses that are not booked up yet.
Bookmark

Re: Year 11 Stem summer school at Imperial College

Post by Bookmark »

Thank you for your reply Bestmum,

DD actually has a place for the Imperial summer school but we do not know what to expect, so I was checking if anyone around here had experience of it. It is a free residential course, aimed at state school kids but they do not seem strict about the other preference criteria (parents' education, income etc), much less so than UCL.
DD applied as Imperial offers the course she would like to do (for now) so she thought that could be useful.
I hope it will be a good experience.
Good luck to your DD for GCSEs.