Help!

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KB

Re: Help!

Post by KB »

We have things going on too ( of a different nature) & am aware of the danger of youngest DC not getting the focus needed from us and getting distracted themselves by what's going on around and thoughts of future. Partly hoping that DCs mocks will not be great and encourage them to buckle down & help me explain to DH that needs to be greater focus on DC studying for next few months.

Hopefully when the initial excitement has subsided you'll be able to slip into calm organising mode and enjoy the opportunity. Very best wishes with it all.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Thanks Amber and KB.

So sorry KB - it is very difficult especially when you have many in your family. We have found that with our youngest - he definitely has been overshadowed a bit I think in the melee that is our family.

Amber - you are right, we should probably use a local state school but unfortunately due to the language, its not going to be an option. He is very good in one European language but it id the wrong one! (Don't want to say where we are going as we will be outed).

The problem is these international schools are difficult to rate (if you know what I mean!)
KB

Post by KB »

Would it help / can you get figures for the number of students who start in a year and the destination figures for that cohort ie drop out rate & standard of University they go to?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Thanks kb, looking at websites now. We will compose some emails over the weekend, and check this sort of thing. Luckily, oh has some contacts who can also give some advice, which is helpful. :D