Results coming soon

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Re: Results coming soon

Post by Guest55 »

russet wrote:Most of the exam boards now have the grade boundaries listed for AS and A level.
That doesn't really help without the official mark schemes which aren't online.

Remember to check re-mark processes.
moved

Post by moved »

DD going through her grade boundaries now. DS can't find Edexcel!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

moved wrote:DD going through her grade boundaries now. DS can't find Edexcel!
Try here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthr ... ?t=4236276
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/su ... aries.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

70 raw marks for A* at C4 :o

We are definitely sunk.

Thanks for the link g55.
KB

Post by KB »

I don't disagree with schools going through the clearing procedures with students in advance but to do it after the school has the results just raises questions about integrity. Feel they would be on safer ground doing it before they could access the results.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

KB wrote:I don't disagree with schools going through the clearing procedures with students in advance but to do it after the school has the results just raises questions about integrity. Feel they would be on safer ground doing it before they could access the results.
Just remembered to ask DS1. Response - yes, at his school, the clearing process was discussed with the whole year during year 13 and doesn't doing it only with certain people and on the day before the official results day open the school up to accusations of malpractice?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No school I've ever worked in would contact students before 08:00 on results day; it is pushing the regulations too far imho.

The whole process is discussed in full with students - having 'sensible' predicted grades is also key ie inline with AS results. I'm shocked when I see some of the predictions schools give - it is unfair and often leads to the students 'crashing and burning' on results day.
moved

Post by moved »

Thanks for the link - apparently it wasn't working at one point this morning. DS not at all pleased with the boundaries either. DD now hoping her coursework has been moderated up as the boundary for that is higher than last year too.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Feeling anxious after seeing grade boundaries. Worried about Unit 4. :( It's going to be a looong night!

Good luck, all!